I left off with the mini-septic last Saturday, when I had less than perfectly rendered the divider for the tank, spouting some vaguely optimistic projections for finishing it before Seattle Sunday evening tango. I made it to Seattle.
The septic languished until Thursday, between work, weeding, errands and--I admit--some modicum of procrastination. When I got back to it, turns out putting the lid on the can pulled the sides in enough to reduce the gapping around the divider. There was some additional crawling around on the ground for trench modification, then plumbing to include a trap and it came together lickety-split, though I’m hesitant to bury the whole operation before it’s been thoroughly tested. Mainly, I’m concerned that the trap may not be properly angled for optimal function in containing stagnant water aromas. We shall see. Next on the agenda: repeat process for the wee house sink water. More digging and crawling required, but I’m soon to be puddle- and open pit- free!
Happy Easter Eggs!